The Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Centre (Cheshire and Merseyside) is a registered charity that aims to provide crucial specialist support, independent advocacy, counselling and information free of charge. The service is delivered in confidence in a safe and non-threatening environment for anyone accessing the service.
RASASC is committed to supporting people who have been affected by rape or sexual abuse. It does not matter how long ago it occurred or what happened – we are here to help.
We listen to and support women, men and young people (over the age of 10) who have been raped, assaulted, sexually abused as children, sexually harassed at work or have experienced any other form of sexual violence. It may be you that experienced the abuse or you could be a friend or relative of someone you know who has gone through it – either way we are here to support you.
We have an office in Halton and St Helens as well as offering outreach support in locations across Cheshire and Merseyside.
RASASC’s services include:
- Counselling and therapeutic work
- Counselling for women affected by rape or sexual abuse
- Counselling for men affected by rape or sexual abuse
- A specialist Young Person’s Counselling Service
- Counselling for non-abusing family members
- Workshops and group work for various groups of people
- Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA) work:
- Information and advocacy throughout the criminal justice system
- Support for people wishing to be accompanied to clinics, court and the police station
- Support to apply for Criminal Injuries compensation
- Information and advice about health needs and options
- Information about pregnancy testing, abortion and sexually transmitted diseases.
- Support to attend related appointments
- Emotional support
RASASC can be contacted by phone on 01925 221546 or via email at email@example.com
For further information please visit the website: www.rapecentre.org
Merseyside Sexual Assault Referral Centre
A sexual assault referral centre (SARC) is a specialist referral centre for people who have suffered serious sexual assaults.
SAFE Place Merseyside is a Sexual Assault Referral Centre. Clients may currently only be referred by the Police with self referrals available in the near future. The Centre’s primary service is the provision of a forensic medical examination following a recent sexual assault.
On arrival at the Centre, clients will be able to access emotional and practical support from a Crisis Worker and will also be given information about how to access further care/counselling and support/advice on various criminal justice options.
The service is currently available to police referrals on a 24/7 basis, with on-call teams who will provide advice and support and, if appropriate, arrange for a forensic medical examination to take place.
Following examination, clients are offered a referral to a local Independent Sexual Violence Advisor, who will co-ordinate their after-care e.g. screening for sexually transmitted infections, counselling, and support throughout any criminal proceedings.
SAFE PLACE Merseyside
Tel: 0151 295 3550