Something for the Weekend is a scheme that allows men and women throughout Halton and St Helens to access free condoms in a relaxed and informal setting. Across Halton and St Helens, venues including barber shops, tattoo shops and gyms are signed up to the scheme and can give free condoms to people aged 16 years and over.
Which venues are participating the scheme?
- John the Barber – 37 Lower Appleton Road, Widnes, WA8 6HQ
- Karen Mathers Barbers – Optimum Fitness Gym, St Michaels Industrial Estate, Widnes, WA8 8TL
- Kayas Cutting Room – 1 Frederick Street, Widnes, WA8 6PF
- Rebellion tattoo (Tattoos by Rusty) – Unit1 Broseley House, Widnes Road, WA8 6AH
- Clare’s Barbers – 165A Peelhouse lane, Widnes, WA8 6TN
- Muscle and Figure Gym – Unit 2 Victoria Trading Estate, Croft Street, Widnes, WA8 0NQ
- Michael Perks Make-up Studio – 84 Victoria Road, Widnes, WA8 0QY
- Thundertatts Tattoo – 113 Albert Road, Widnes, WA8 6JA
- Maz’s Gents Hair Salon – 70 Albert Road, Widnes, WA8 6JT
- Denise’s Unisex Barbers – 135 Albert Road, Widnes, WA8 6LB
- LA Tattoo Studio – 29 Regent street, Runcorn, WA7 1LJ
- Runcorn Art Tattoo and Body Piercing Studio – 54 Devonshire Place, Runcorn, WA7 1JG
- Body FX gym – 2 -8 High Street, Runcorn, WA7 2AU
- GNU Tattoo – 33 North Road, St Helens, WA10 2TW
- Helter Skelter – 3 College Street, Saint Helens WA10 1TF
- Barbers No 1 – 2-4 Bridge Street, St Helens, WA10 1NW
- The Gentlemens Social Club – 4 Oxford Street, Newton-le-Willows WA12 9AQ
- Unique tattoos – 85 Duke Street, St Helens, WA10 2JG
How Do I Get Free Condoms?
If you are 16 years old and over you can ask for free condoms in any of the participating venues.
If you are under 16 years old you can visit any of the Sexual Health Clinics or you can sign up to the C-card scheme. The C-card scheme is available to young people aged between 13-25 years old in Halton and St Helens.