This website is designed for anyone under 18 years old wanting advice on sex, relationships, contraception, STI’s, pregnancy, abortion, sex words, sexuality, helplines and local services.
This website is linked to R U Thinking but for Over 18yrs who want more information on sexual health, sexual activities and associated risks. This is an excellent website if you want to find out anything around sexual health. Condom Essential Wear also has a helpline for specific questions or advice: 0800 567 123
‘Like it is’ is an excellent site for young people and provides help and advice for a variety of topics such as STI’s, pregnancy, abortion, adoption, contraception, emergency contraception, peer pressure, puberty and sexuality. It is very easy to use and avoids using long words – it tells you exactly what it means!
NHS direct will help you find out lots of information about general health – like where to get the flu jab, signs and symptoms of illnesses etc. You can even get some information about the nearest places to help you in Halton and St Helens by using some of their ‘search’ sections. Halton’s nearest NHS walk in centre is in St Helen’s.
Brook is a service for young people under 25 years old. They provide a free and confidential service on health advice, contraception, general advice and counselling to young people about sexual health, as well as outreach, education and satellite services whenever needed. Halton does not have its own Brook Advisory centre but Liverpool is nearby.
The Family Planning Association ‘fpa’ provides information on contraception and sexual health, including pregnancy, abortion and STI’s. It can also tell you where your nearest Family Planning Clinic/ Community Sexual Health Clinic is – wherever you are in the UK.
AVERT is an international HIV and AIDS charity based in the UK. It is designed to raise awareness of HIV and AIDS and give information for HIV positive people and HIV treatment.
Playing safely is a website from the NHS. You can get the low-down on STI’s and find out where the nearest GUM clinic is for advice. It also helps to tell you know how to use condoms properly and how to get help.
Telephone 0808 800 2222
Parent Line Plus are a national charity who works for, and with, parents. Parents want to do the best they can for their children but sometimes family life can be challenging and difficult. You can contact Parent Line Plus for help, advice and support on a wide range of things.
Community Sexual Health Clinics in Widnes, Runcorn and St Helens 0845 155 0156
Sexwise 0800 28 29 30
- Sexwise is a helpline that offers free, confidential advice on sex, relationships and contraception.
Anyone under 18 can call.
- It’s open from 7am to midnight, seven days a week.
- An independent charity runs the helpline. The phones are answered by really friendly advisers who are used to working with young people.
- Sexwise advisers have been answering questions since 1985. So they’ve probably heard your questions before!
- They won’t ask for your name at any time during the call. Calls from a landline are free and won’t show up on your bill. Calls from a mobile vary in cost depending on which network you’re on and might show up on your bill.
- Try and find somewhere quiet to call from so the adviser can hear what you’re saying.
- If you call when your friends are listening the adviser might ask you to call back when you’re on your own.
- Sexwise advisors take a lot of calls so if can’t get through first time please do try again.
Please… Please… don’t make hoax calls because it stops others from getting the advice they need.
This website’s aim is to promote positive activities and events in Halton for all young people and families. Simply type the name of any activity you wish to access, and the activity locations are pinpointed, with relevant address, days, times and contact details on a map of Halton.
Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: We are a charity providing support for those affected by FASD, including carers and professionals. We also provide information, training and support.